[gst-devel] apidoc : gstenumtypes

Stefan Kost kost at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Dec 30 03:46:08 CET 2004

Hi all,

I have removed the gstenumtypes from the docs. While doing that I noticed that
all enums where documented in the sgml file and not in the source. The advantage
of this is, that when changing the docs, source doe not need to be rebuild (as
no header file is changed). Unfortunately thata the only advantage.
The disadvantages are:
1) I had to copy the documentation fragments to about 15 other files manually.
2) When one adds a new member to an enum, often the docs are not updated. If the
doc comments would be right above the enum, chances would be better that the new
 member would get a docs.

So I like to ask developers to add comments to the source whenever possible. If
I have overseen anything, please correct me. If there is aggreement I update the
README in docs as well.

Here is a short list of entries that I would like to fix, please reply with the
docs and I put them in:

gstpad.h : GstPadFlags
gstevent.h : GstFlags::Navigation,Tag
gstplugin.h : GstPluginError::NameMismatch
gsttypes.h : GstResult
gstthread.h : GstThreadState::Waiting
gstscheduler.h : GstSchedulerFlags::NewAPI

Many thanks
  Stefan

--
      \|/            Stefan Kost