[gst-devel] prerelease of gst-plugins: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins/pre/gst-plugins-0.8.6.2.tar.bz2

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 31 04:12:03 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 13:03 +0100, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
wrote:
> Would be nice if we could merge at least some of the bugzilla's with
> patches before this release, as a gesture to the patch contributors.
> They are all marked with PATCH in the title and I set the milestone for
> most of them.

No - this is the wrong way to do releases.
Freeze dates are announced.  All patches need to go in before that.
There's no point in making prereleases if right after the prerelease
people start putting in new patches.  There is plenty of time to merge
patches *before* the freeze, that's when the campaign should be run.

Please respect the time I invest in making good releases.

As a side note, please *don't* set milestones for "the next release" on
any bugs that don't yet have an agreed upon solution.  Only a patch is
not enough, it needs to be a good patch, ready to merge.

I created the 0.8.x milestone for this purpose; use this milestone for
"bugs that have a patch and are on the way of getting solved.

Thomas

It's not you
It's the E talking