[gst-devel] GStreamer/GLib Win32 build

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Feb 2 14:55:59 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

I finally managed to compile GStreamer and GLib as DLLs under Windows
using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 compiler (MSVC 7.1).

I have published my modified source code on :
http://mukoli.free.fr/gstreamer/gstreamer-0.7.3-win32.zip
and
http://mukoli.free.fr/gstreamer/glib-2.3.2-win32.zip

They only contains files I had to modify in order to compile them. The
rest of the files can be found in official source releases of both
packages (0.7.3 and 2.3.2 respectively).

In order to run gst-launch.exe (the only sample I've compiled yet) you
need to build GStreamer.dll, GLib.dll, GObject.dll, GThread.dll and
GModule.dll. And you also need :
- libiconv-2.dll
- libintl-2.dll
- libxml2.dll
- popt1.dll

They can be found in http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/
You will need the binary package and developper package (include files).

Last but not least, some paths in the MSVC project are only worth on my
system. You may have to modify them to work on your system.

In the GStreamer sources I had to disable some code. Mostly the SIG_XXX
stuff. And also the _gst_parse_launch() function that I didn't generate.

Right now I only tried to build all the DLLs in Debug build.