[gst-devel] Re: GStreamer/GLib Win32 build

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Feb 4 09:26:09 CET 2004

Ronald Bultje wrote:

> Op ma 02-02-2004, om 23:43 schreef Steve Lhomme:
>
>>I finally managed to compile GStreamer and GLib as DLLs under Windows
>>using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 compiler (MSVC 7.1).
>>
>>I have published my modified source code on :
>>http://mukoli.free.fr/gstreamer/gstreamer-0.7.3-win32.zip
>>and
>>http://mukoli.free.fr/gstreamer/glib-2.3.2-win32.zip
>>
>>They only contains files I had to modify in order to compile them. The
>>rest of the files can be found in official source releases of both
>>packages (0.7.3 and 2.3.2 respectively).
>

>>In order to run gst-launch.exe (the only sample I've compil
>

> Could you please post diff -u patches? Those can be applied to our CVS.

It is technically possible of course. But what is the point now ? It
currently doesn't work. And any of you could do it too (otherwise I can
put that in CVS myself and don't see the point of using a diff).

Jory has taken the sources, added a few things here and there and was
trying to have something not crashing. So right now I consider it as not
ready... But I think it would be worth if anybody could have a look at
modifications to check if I did anything wrong, like swapping some
stuff, adding more compiler checks, etc.