[gst-devel] float caps

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Feb 5 09:03:33 CET 2004

Hi,

> > This obviously requires converters (floatconvert, ntoone, oneton (this
> > one needs to work with float, too), int2float, float2int and maybe
> > buffer-frames-adapt).
>
> Well, ok. You have int2float and float2int (which maybe can be done with
> audioconvert). I'll take the hit and have oneton (which should either be
> called one2n or one-to-n) and ntoone be necessary for dsp pipelines
> (damn you ;). Then we're OK, except for buffer-frames-adapt, which I
> hope is never necessary, ever.

I'm trying to grok wingo's street slang.  I'm not hip to the kid's lingo
these days :)

Does this mean int2float will be the no-pro-audio element ?

I would like to get the "conflict" between these two elements resolved,
I don't want to release 0.7.5 with an element named int22float :)

Thomas

Surprise sometimes
will come around
I will surprise you sometime