[gst-devel] Some undesired changes and warnings about unsigned and signed comparison.

Ramón García ramon_garcia_f at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 08:32:01 CET 2004

After long time busy, I am trying to return to
Gstreamer development. Unfortunately, I had some
troubles that lead me to do the wrong thing.

Trying to compile GStreamer, I find plenty of errors
because of comparison between signed and unsigned.
These warnings happened because the command line of
the compiler has -Werror, that turns warnings into
erros. So I understood that it was the current policy
to forbid comparisons of signed and unsigned. So I
began to fix these. Most of the fixes are unimportant,
but one of them  is in gstevent.h. Later, I learned in
#gstreamer that it is a peculiarity of Suse 8.2 to
issue a warning because of signed/unsigned comparison
(it is a prerelease compiler).

I would like to revert my changes just in case, but I
can't find them. It seems to be that after commiting,
such authorization system takes place. I tried to
revert my changes, but I cannot be sure if everyting
is OK.

Ramon