[gst-devel] gstreamer on embedded Linux

Mike Lawson mike.lawson at freesurf.ch
Sun Feb 15 08:56:11 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to build my own audioplayer for the car based on a embedded
Linux working on a embedded PC. So now I'm looking for a good
audioplayer, which supports vorbis ogg and mp3 encoded files (also
integer only decoder). The player (and all dependent libraries) should
be small in size, fast loaded and should have a resume function too
(maby I could implement this myself, too). I'm not very well skilled in
c programming, yet... but: learning by doing.
Well, my questions are: What ist the size of gstreamer, can i use it for
an embedded system? Does it also run on none-x86 plattforms like MIPS
(AMD Alchemy), PPC (IBM or Motorola), ARM (XScale), SupperH? Can I also
compile and link it against uCLibc? Is gstreamer even a good starting point?

Thanks a lot in advance. I would appreciate any kind of hints and tips.
Kind regards,

Mike Lawson