[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] dolphy gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/

Julien MOUTTE julien at moutte.net
Tue Feb 17 13:04:21 CET 2004

> I don't like this change.  The reason this is a g_return_if_fail() is
> because it indicates a bug.  Either a bug in an element, or a legitimate
> but complex pipeline that is showing bugs in negotiation, but still a
> bug.  Why was this disabled?

I have implemented caps renegotiation on expose in ximagesink. Because
if the video window has not been touched there's no configure event and
ximagesink needs to tell videoscale what size it needs.

I tried implementing something like putting the window geometry in the
caps from the _getcaps function but that makes caps nego to fail...

So i just made that on expose (sent by the application through
gst_x_overlay_expose) ximagesink updates window size even if the
pipeline is not playing and renegotiates if needed. As you can guess
expose events might arrive during caps negotiation.. I m fine with
gst_pad_try_set_caps returning REFUSED but i don't like the big warning
it pukes on the output..

That's why i made that change...

If you have another solution my eyes are wide open...

--
Julien MOUTTE (aka Dolphy)

Homepage : http://dolphy-tech.net