[gst-devel] colorspace conversion

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Feb 19 07:17:02 CET 2004

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 21:05, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> > Source is fine. Read MPEG LA's license. Read patent licenses. It's really
> > a lame excuse; but source-only is a nice clause that we and GNOME can
> > abuse to distribute ffmpeg and more stuff in source form.
> GNOME disagrees, so there's no point in discussing that route.

What exactly is GNOME's opinion? What does it disagree with, and why?

And the important point:

> > (In case your lawyer or anyone from the US government asks: I didn't say
> > that.)
> Which is the whole problem - if you cannot stick to your story, it shows
> you don't believe your own story either.  That's fine, but it
> invalidates the point you're trying to make.

I should have expected that, but: no.

I just typed a long story but removed it because I know you won't agree
and I wanted to make a point that "I didn't come over here to have these
sort of discussions or go into court and get into legal troubles".

As for me: I don't see legal issues, so I won't do the work. Simple as
that. Read MPEG LA's license if you want to know why, I can give you the
lines if you want me to. But this all seems already decided anyway, so why
bother...

Ronald