[gst-devel] cdparanoia

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Feb 19 12:17:44 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:07:54PM +0100, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de wrote:
> The gdk-pixbuf plugin is ok. They are supposed to work ok. Enough applications
> load images with those at least. Disabling gdk-pixbuf typefinding sounds like
> a good idea for lots of reasons though. Especially because it doesn'T really
> buy us anything.

I removed gdk-pixbuf's typefinding last night based on the same
reasoning.

> I don't think we should. GStreamer is not about working with broken code. But
> we should get stuff fixed upstream if that's possible. (Aparently for gdk-
> pixbuf it was a no-brainer, dunno about cdparanoia though because that one
> seems kinda dead)

I'm planning to revive libcdparanoia eventually, since monty gave
permission to relicense it as LGPL.  As I mention in one of the
cdparanoia-related bugs, libcdparanoia needs a complete API
readjustment, which wouldn't take very long, since it's small.

("I'm planning to..." == "I'd be just as happy if someone else did it")

dave...