[gst-devel] clocking

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Wed Feb 25 04:37:00 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 20:21, Andy Wingo wrote:

> > > Agreed.
> > >
> > You're free to undeprecate it.
>
> I think I'm going to do this, if there are no outcries, just because the
> API coverage is more complete.

Done.

I'd like to add another use case that needs to be supported for
clocking. Eventually, I'd like to implement a clock for jack. The jack
GStreamer element can be a master or a slave to that clock. In both
cases, the clock needs to support scrubbing. As master, it needs to
support setting the jack system time based on time within GStreamer, and
explicitly setting the clock time.

So, just throw that in with the design goals.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo <wingo at pobox.com>