[gst-devel] New UDPSrc in CVS.

Ramón García ramon_garcia_f at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 16:01:05 CET 2004

I have opened a branch new-udpsrc where I am placing a
new implemenation of the UDPSrc plugin.

New features include the ability of sending and
receiving generic control messages in a different
port. These messages are simply converted to/from
events. This is necessary for RTP. In addition, the
user can specify a list of peers, so that control and
data messages are sent there.

It uses only IPv6 internally, though the user can
specify IPv4 addresses. Though this makes the code
simpler, it requires a machine with IPv6 enabled
kernel (though it does not require an IPv6 network).
Is this inconvenient?

The code does not event compile.

I prefer to store it in a CVS brach. This is
convenient for anyone that wants to take a look at it.
It is also convenient for me, because it allows me to
develop from different machines without having to copy
the files by hand. I hope that this is not a problem
for anyone.

Ramon