[gst-devel] clocking

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Feb 26 13:15:02 CET 2004

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 16:28, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Our seeking is way too slow by design for that to work.  Run sweep and
> try it, you'll notice.  What might be possible would be to use a sweep
> element that transforms the sound this way though.

I'm not so sure about that. Our seeking is a *protocol* rather than a
lot of executable code. The code that is executed is - in the end - very
little. I've said this to Iain too, some time ago...

Surely, I'd be convinced by and interested in someone timing all this.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer