[gst-devel] ffmpeg snapshot update

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Sun Feb 29 22:35:03 CET 2004

Hi all,

I've updated the ffmpeg snapshot in gst-ffmpeg. There's a big change
w.r.t. previous updates, please read this!

* I've autotoolized ffmpeg. I'm intending to keep my locla ffmpeg
checkout synced with ffmpeg CVS with a set of patches on it, including
this one. Shouldn't be too much effort. People, please test this. I want
to send this over to the ffmpeg people later on, so this patch needs
some thorough testing on non-default systems like OS X, BSD, PPC, ...
Also, it'd be nice if someone could fix up the ffmpeg assembler stuff to
compile using PIC code so we can actually use their MMX stuff.
* I've re-added the demuxers. I've tested some, and fixed a lot of small
and large issues. **PLEASE TEST THOSE!!**. They need testing to stay
enabled for 0.8.0. The reason is that they give us instant support for
exotic movie formats. We need that for gst-player.
* There's two patches in gst-ffmpeg/gst-libs/ext/ffmpeg/patch/ that need
to be sent over to ffmpeg-devel at ... I'll do that in a few days. I'm
trying to keep ffmpeg and our local version synced, but they'll be more
different then they used to be.
* There's also som documentation in gst-ffmpeg/HACKING on how wrapping
works. For those interested. ;).

Enjoy,

Ronald