[gst-devel] Re: bufferpools

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Thu Jan 8 23:09:03 CET 2004

if an element use gst_buffer_new_and_alloc but the peer element
implements a bufferalloc function the bufferalloc function is never used
right ?

so basically a first thing to do would be to implement bufferalloc in
ximagesink, that would be transparent and unused for the rest of plugins
and then implement the gst_pad_alloc_buffer in possible peers of
ximagesink such as ffcolorspace, videoscale, videotestsrc etc..

am i right ?

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10