[gst-devel] "threadsafe" signals

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Sun Jan 11 14:53:02 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 19:27 +0100, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> Which limits you to the main thread (or in this case main context) and
> still only allows signal emissions inside one thread, albeit another one.

Do you mean you want the signal to emit in the thread that the signal
connection was made?

Other than that, I can't really see any reason why you would want
signals to fire in any other thread than the one that the gtk_main is
running in...Usually the reason for doing things like this is so that
you can have signals fired from threads and those signals can call gtk
functions...

Maybe I'm missing some reason why what you want to do is useful.

iain