[gst-devel] API/ABI freeze

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jan 12 03:26:01 CET 2004

El lun, 12-01-2004 a las 02:37, David Schleef escribió:
> Thomas,
>
> Benjamin and I have recently discussed on IRC that we have no more
> API changes pending for the core.  So we are basically waiting for
> you to finish any GstError related stuff to freeze the API/ABI.  In
> the past, we've discussed doing a hard freeze tomorrow (Jan 12).

Normally it should be going in tue/wed.  The problem is simply that I'm
trying to stick to the GNOME feature freeze of today and get some of the
profile stuff used in g-s-r and s-j.  This weekend though I found out
that all of the streaminfo stuff in the plugins is commented out - UGH
:(

That means, we currently have no way of fixing nautilus-media for GNOME
2.6, since the plugins (and maybe core) do not provide the mechanism
anymore, which is a definite blocker.  Which is what I want to be
looking at soon too.  If anyone has suggestions, pipe up - especially if
it needs API/ABI changes.

> If you fancy changing the library name when you are done, please
> search for _gst_reserved[GST_PADDING - N], and fix those to have
> full padding again.  And, of course, reset the libtool version.

You mean, you already used the padding somewhere ? Good to know :) I'll
look for that.

Thomas

And redemption will pour and crashes to the floor
And a million cold thoughts won't stop you feeling warm
Because the love that you bring conquers all these things