[gst-devel] Local soundcard to remote soundcard streaming

Jesse S.A. Bridgewater jsab at pobox.com
Tue Jan 13 17:56:00 CET 2004

I am new to Gstreamer and I want to set up a system that will stream the
output from Rhythmbox on one PC to another PC.

The motive for this is to use a laptop connected to my stereo as a
digital audio receiver.  I plan to run Rythmbox remotely(remote X
session) on my other computer and then have the decoded audio played
through the soundcard on the laptop(and on my home stereo).

This seems like it might be easy with Gstreamer.  I am going to try this
and if anyone has tried something like this or knows how do it, then I
would welcome their help.

Thanks,

Jesse S.A. Bridgewater