[gst-devel] gst-launch, videoscale/videotestsrc

Mathrick mnews2 at wp.pl
Wed Jan 14 11:55:05 CET 2004

W liście z śro, 14-01-2004, godz. 18:23, Thomas Comiotto pisze:
> Hello,
>
> The gst-launch man page lists some example pipes I would like to run --
> without success, what do I miss here?
>
>  - gst-launch-0.7 videotestsrc ! xvideosink
>
> Get a color format undefined msg, tried to specify some fourcc values
> fourcc=YUY2 or fourcc=hexvalue since I can't find some format related
> properties for videotestsrc, both notions didn't work. What is the correct
> syntax here?

gst-launch-0.7 videotestsrc ! ffcolorspace ! xvimagesink

Optionally you can substitute 'colorspace' for ffcolorspace. Note that
xvideosink is deprecated, you should use x[v]imagesink. xv- uses Xvideo,
and ximagesink does not.

>  - gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=pathtosomefile ! videoscale
> height=somevalue width=somevalue ! xvideosink
>
> Get a no properties height / width msg, how can I specify the target-size
> then?

Unless you're reading from a file containing raw RGB data, you need
demuxer and decoder element. The easiest way to get correct elems is to
use spider. Also there are no height and width properties for
videoscale, instead you should use filtered caps:

gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=pathtosomefile ! spider ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,height=somevalue,width=somevalue ! xvimagesink

where somevalue is divisible by 8. Sometimes it could be also necessary
to put 'typefind' element in front of spider, as there are currently
some issues w/ spider typefinding.
You can always use gst-inspect-0.7 to get more info about particular
element.

> Further on, some rtp/rtsp networking functions are mentioned in the gst-launch
> man pages for which I can't find the appropriate plugins neither in the 0.7
> release nor in cvs. What is the current status of networking and gstreamer
> then?

the plugin's named rtp, and it is in CVS. No clue about it's state
however.

> Ok, stupid newbie-questions but I am stuck here and would be glad if someone
> could help me out..

No need to humiliate yourself :)

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"