[gst-devel] DVD Navigation progress

in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jan 22 08:36:03 CET 2004

Quoting Mathrick <mnews2 at wp.pl>:

> - Issues with autoplugging. Yep, this one is much tougher, and I don't
> even want to try convincing Benjamin it should be done with multiple
> pads ;). Yet there is a question: how much of that funtionality is
> possible to achieve w/o special support? Apps not taking multiple tracks
> into account can't offer provision to select them whatsoever, so maybe
> autoplugging shouldn't go so far to try providing it anyway?

I'd like to use this mail as a chance to make everyone aware that we need a
general way for track selection that is autopluggable. There are video formats
out there that support multiple tracks of the same type, when you only want
one. (Most likely audio and subtitles in different languages - most prominent
for DVD, but there's ogm, too.)
If anyone has an idea on how to achieve that in an autopluggable way, please
speak up. When it's done, users should be able to select from a list of
supported formats for every element that supports this somehow. (Maybe an
interface?)

Benjamin