[gst-devel] mad problem

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Jan 22 10:01:01 CET 2004

El jue, 22-01-2004 a las 18:10, in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de escribió:
> The correct way to fix this is to use filesrc ! audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)
> 1, layer=(int)3 ! mad
> Or maybe filesrc ! typefind ! mad
>
> It's a problem that happens when you connect an element that doesn't know a
> thing about its caps (filesrc) to an element that does some kind of
> autodetection on variable caps (mad's layer detection). The core will just
> fixate it somehow so it fits.

Hm - are you saying we lost the ability to get the caps correct for the
layer, compared to 0.6 ? And there's no way to fix that ?
In that case there's no point in having layer as part of the caps of mad
at all, is there ?

Still, AFAICT it looks like a bug/regression to me.

Thomas

Cos I feel like a fake when I feel
any feeling
And I wouldn't wanna happen to you