[gst-devel] error explanation

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jan 23 03:57:03 CET 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> I agree about capitalizing it, but Benjamin preferred it being
> lowercase.  I don't care either way, but just tell me all of the things
> you want fixed/changed in one batch so I don't have to change everything
> all the time :)

I prefer it acting like a function. That's what I said, and I still like
that way better.
The problem I see with capitalized macros that call functions in reality
is that it doesn't look like it. Capitalized macros are only used for 2
things: debugging output and accessing struct members. This is neither,
but changes the behaviour of stuff quite fundamentally.

> Ok - so you're saying, capitalize it and leave as is ? If nobody
> objects, then that's what I'll do.

I don't care so much, I just prefer the function way.

Benjamin