[gst-devel] tags and metadata

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jan 23 04:56:00 CET 2004

El vie, 23-01-2004 a las 13:51, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>
> > Sure, I agree - in an ideal world.  In the GNOME world, however, if you
> > provide functionality in 2.4, you need to provide it in 2.6.  Whether or
> > not you agree with how that functionality is used is a different
> > matter.  Feel free to argue those points through the relevant channels.
> > But saying "We don't want to do it this way anymore, deal with it" is
> > not acceptable.  So I'm not sure if you understood what you signed up
> > for when you proposed gst 0.8 for gnome 2.6
> >
> The differentiation was a bug. That bug was fixed.

Get over it.  You're the only one who thinks it is, and the reason you
think so is because it's too hard to get right.  That's fine, but don't
call it a bug because of it.  You just don't want to provide anything
else than what you think is the One True Way.

> And for the matter of "must provide in any case": Nautilus still doesn't
> open archives like gmc in 1.4 did.

So did you file a bug ? Right here it works fine with file-roller.

Thomas

resistance is low when I'm feeling bored
what I thought was fun isn't fun anymore