[gst-devel] DVD Navigation progress

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Jan 23 12:16:00 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:20:31PM +0100, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 12:44, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> > > demux.audio_00 \
> > > demux.audio_00 - switch.sink
> > > demux.audio_00 /
> > Pads have to have different names or some get_by_name functions will
> > break.
> [..]
> > I think we shouldn't try to do it implicitly by doing something to
> > padnames or whatever, but do it explicitly by adding a GstPadGroup or I
> > don't know what.
> > Everytime you make an implicit assumption, god kills a kitten.
>
> You're right. We'll make a padgroup then, sounds equally fine for me.

What about adding a ghost pad to mpegdemux?  The ghost pad
"mpegdemux.default_audio" points to the audio pad chosen by
upstream events (and/or property settings).

Right now, ghost pads don't exactly have the best behavior for
this.  Ghost pads currently can't be pointed to a different
target pad while they're linked.

dave...