[gst-devel] DVD Navigation progress

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Jan 24 15:36:00 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 21:15, David Schleef wrote:
> What about adding a ghost pad to mpegdemux?  The ghost pad
> "mpegdemux.default_audio" points to the audio pad chosen by
> upstream events (and/or property settings).

You still need a way of grouping them. Some streams are interchangeable
with each other, others aren't. Imagine a DVD with three languages, in
AC-3 and some PCM sound. That gives six pads, which aren't all
interchangeable. Rather, the three AC-3's are interchangeable, and the
same for PCM.

And the ghost pad hides the fact that I can use all streams at the same
time, like in multi-lingual transcoding.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer