[gst-devel] Re: I need try_set_caps with unfixed caps...

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Sun Jan 25 12:49:02 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 07:57:19PM +0100, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm currently (in audioconvert) facing a problem and I don't know if a
> good solution exists:
> Audioconvert is capable of converting everything but the rate, so I need
> to check in the link function if the other side accepts caps with this
> rate but otherwise unfixed. What's the suggested way to do this?

I fixed audioconvert several weeks ago, so it _should_ be
negotiating correctly.

Basically, in (both) link functions, you should call try_set_caps()
with (first) passthrough caps.  Then, if (and only if) the otherpad
is already negotiated, you should get the currently negotiated format
of the otherpad, change the rate, and call try_set_caps().  If the
otherpad is not negotiated, leave it.  This is all documented in
docs/random/negotiation.

dave...