[gst-devel] DVD Navigation progress

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 26 03:49:01 CET 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> El dom, 25-01-2004 a las 20:00, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, David Schleef wrote:
> >
> > > What about adding a ghost pad to mpegdemux?  The ghost pad
> > > "mpegdemux.default_audio" points to the audio pad chosen by
> > > upstream events (and/or property settings).
> > >
> > > Right now, ghost pads don't exactly have the best behavior for
> > > this.  Ghost pads currently can't be pointed to a different
> > > target pad while they're linked.
> > >
> > /me votes this "best idea" by far.
>
> Not sure, you really do want to be able to get at more than one track at
> the same time as well.

Well, where we want to go with this I guess is to include another pad as
default audio pad (not necessarily a ghost pad).
To give an example: an mpeg file with German and English audio would
create 3 pads: audio_1, audio_2 and default_audio. audio_1 would be
German, audio_2 English and default_audio would be German on my box and
English on yours.
If you make sure that the default_audio pad is created first, autoplugging
should work right now using this method.
And it's easy to implement, too, because you just need to create one more
pad and push one buffer down 2 pads.

Benjamin