[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] company gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jan 26 08:16:11 CET 2004

El lun, 26-01-2004 a las 16:18, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>
> > The only thing I mind is people touching the stuff I'm working on
> > without realizing what's going on when I explicitly ask for feedback.
> > If you ask me about it I'll explain without fail.  But don't "fix" it
> > without taking the time to look into it.  I try to do the same, and feel
> > free to set me in my place when I don't.
> >
> I hate it when there's half finished code somewhere in the core.

I agree.

> Please do it right in one way, but don't leave it feeling half finished.
> And if you must leve it half finished, please add a comment on why you did
> it.

I will finish it completely as soon as everyone agrees on the
outstanding issues, or sometime soon this week when I'm done waiting :)
So you can expedite the process by taking some time to look at those
questions you don't have an opinion on, but it's not necessary.

> PS: While looking at gsterror.c more closely there's some more issues:
> - "No standard error message for domain %s and code %d" should be a
> g_warning at least.
agreed, will fix

> - gst_error_get_message should check the code before doing
> gst_core_errors[code] - accessing arrays without bounds checking and such.
could add, not critical, will do with the rest.

Thanks for those comments.

Thomas

Surprise sometimes
will come around