[gst-devel] spider / autoplugger / caps

Thomas Comiotto comiotto at rcfmedia.ch
Mon Jan 26 16:44:15 CET 2004

Hello,

Some more questions, mainly about the current state of the API:

Is the autoplugger stuff working ? GstAutoplug doesn't seem to be defined
anymore. If yes, how and where to find out ?

Same question regarding GstCaps functions. Basic functions listed in the 6.4
API reference don't work with me, e.g. gst_caps_get_mime(),
gst_caps_get_name() and similar. Searched through docs/random but couldn't
find anything enlightning, what do I miss here ?

I am successfully running the following pipeline with gst-launch-0.7:
filesrc location=pathtosomempegfile ! spider ! colorspace ! ximagesink

However, the equivalent c-code fails with:
WARNING **: error scheduling group 0x822f1c8
ERROR       scheduler( 2746)
gstoptimalscheduler.c(2074):gst_opt_scheduler_iterate:
[GstOptScheduler at 0x81dcd88] in error state

The minimalistic code basically consists of an iterated bin containing the
four listed elements above. Shouldn't be a coding error or something. By the
way, what schedulers are avaialble at the moment and where to find notes
about their use and usage ?

I also successfully managed to stick several ximagesinks to gstvideowidgets
via XOverlay. However, I didn't manage to do so with several xvimagesinks. It
only works for the first one. Every additional xvimagesink complains about a
missing X11 context, as in (fakecode)

overlay = GST_X_OVERLAY (xvimagesink)
if (GST_IS_X_OVERLAY (overlay) && GDK_IS_WINDOW (window))
	{
	gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id (overlay, GDK_WINDOW_XID (window));

set_id fails in case of 2th -nth xvimagesink. Probabely a coding error or a
misunderstanding of the underlying conceptions ?

Again, any help & hints would be very appreciated !

Greetings,
Thomas