Status reports towards 0.8: was Re: [gst-devel] Totem, Gst-Player, libgstplay showstoppers

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Mon Jan 26 19:45:02 CET 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:49:50PM +0100, Christian Schaller wrote:
> I guess what would be good is if everyone wrote a short mail to the list
> with what their hacking priorities are before 0.8. ie what do they plan
> to look at and in what order. Julien lists some of the issues in these
> mails, and there are probably other things other people are looking at.
> So to get stuff on the table and get a feel for what is getting looked
> at when; a short mail from David, Benjamin, Ronald, Thomas, Leif, Iain,
> Jeremy, Maciej and others about their priorities towards 0.8 would be
> really great in order to get a feeling we are all on the same page and
> also make sure that no major issues are falling between chairs here.

My priorities (in roughly decending priority):

 - bug fixes, particularly core bugs and bugs related to negotiation

 - a new autoplugger.  I'm having difficulty motivating for this.

 - go through every element in gst-plugins and go through the
   element checklist.

 - I would like to complete a preliminary version of liboil liboil-lite
   and get gst-plugins using it.  (liboil-lite would be a
   statically-linked, non-optimized version that would be added to
   the gst-plugins tarball for people that don't have liboil itself.)

 - some development work on swfdec, specifically bugfixes, navigation
   support, etc.

 - a new, real Mozilla plugin, not just gst-player plugged into a
   Mozilla window.

Obviously, this is way too much for the next 6 weeks.

dave...