[gst-devel] Totem, Gst-Player, libgstplay showstoppers

Julien MOUTTE julien at moutte.net
Tue Jan 27 04:49:00 CET 2004

> d) only set the video part to PLAYING when you know wether you'll output
> video or visualization. Set it to PAUSED before.

so you mean connecting spider to fakesink with filtered caps and a queue
and then link to the video thread unlinking vis if identity handoff ?

Still sounds a bit hackish.

> > 3) Tagged audio files are making problems in spider. Benjamin keeps
> > repeating that the gstplay pipeline is hard to debug. Well i can
> > understand that but still we should be able to debug why spider is not
> > playing those medias.
> >
> The biggest problem is that a gst-launch line which repeats the player
> pipeline does play.

I will try to investigate on that one but i will be slow.. If you can
just run examples/gstplay/player over a tagged mp3 file with
debug-log-level=5 you will maybe find the bug immediatly..

> I think it's a good idea to just invent some tag and have the decoders set
> it. Make it a string and allow multiple values. Then you can easily get
> info for all the weird formats out there.
> Make decoders just do gst_element_found_tags_for_pad (decoder->srcpad,
> gst_tag_list_new (GST_TAG_CODEC, "Blobbies Unmatched Rendering Protocol
> (BURP)", NULL)); That shuold work.

ok

Thanks for replying to my mail.

--