[gst-devel] write-tag awareness / interface

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Sat Jan 31 02:12:10 CET 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there's a full interface implementation for interface writing in
> gstreamer/gst/gsttaginterface.[ch], but the interface itself is empty.
> Isn't it easier to create a GstElement flag (GST_ELEMENT_TAG_AWARE) for
> this and move the rest of the code into gsttag.[ch]? The current way
> seems rather bloated to me.

This seemed suboptimal to me when I did this, because querying supported
features of an element is done via querying supported interfaces. Apart
from that I'm still not sure if I don't want to add a (*
get_supported_tags) function to that interface.
The flags don't work anyway, because external apps might want to define
empty interfaces, too. They can't change element flags...

Benjamin