[gst-devel] Binary files under Windows

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 13 05:31:12 CEST 2004

Shows that we disagree sometimes ;)

I personally want to have as little stuff as possible for supporting
different systems in GStreamer. It just creates support madness if people
elsewhere start relying on it being available and correct. The real place
for such things is glib.

I'm also fine with having such defines local to projects (so not in
exported headers).

But unless someone really steps up to maintain a complete set of defines
(and not just those that the core needs) across platforms and with a
testsuite, I would strongly advise against exporting them.

Benjamin