[gst-devel] fractions

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Wed Jul 14 19:17:03 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 02:23, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
[..]
> Let me know, I'd at least like to know if I should bother to keep
> working on it.

Of course, because it - in the end - fixes an issue that was broken
before. Anyway, something that scares me is plugins that will not
implement ASR. What happens if:

* matroskademux specifies a 5:4 aspect ratio on a 256x256 movie
* ffdec_something decodes the 256x256 video to 256x256 YUV
* xvimagesink displays this 256x256 movie as 256x256 because
ffdec_something didn't specify ASR on its source caps

This same thing applies to my multichannel patch as well, btw. How do we
handle this (both in this specific case and in the general case)? I know
it was broken before as well, so that's no reason to not apply the
patch, but is there a general solution for this? E.g. a
gst_structure_copy_with_new_mimetype() or something similar (I'm sure
you get the idea)?

Thanks,

Ronald