[gst-devel] fractions

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Thu Jul 15 03:57:05 CEST 2004

<quote who="Thomas Vander Stichele">
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 22:17, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > E.g. a
> > gst_structure_copy_with_new_mimetype() or something similar (I'm sure
> > you get the idea)?
>
> Not sure I get it, but if you mean "copy caps and change the mimetype to
> something like x-old/caps-with-pixel-aspect-ratio", then I'd prefer not
> to.  We shouldn't invent mime types when we can fix the plugins.

I read it as a suggestion for a helper to copy video/x-raw-rgb,par=x/y to
video/x-raw-yuv,par=x/y for (for example) colorspace converters to use -
that way they preserve all the caps properties they don't actually know
anything about.

J.
Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

"Karaoke bars combine two of the nation's greatest evils:
people who shouldn't drink with people who shouldn't sing."
 -Tom Dreesen