[gst-devel] caps nego

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jul 16 14:45:05 CEST 2004

> > Just something that runs, where each element
> > is able to find a format it can use to talk to the next element.
>
> This is what happens.  16x16 at 1 fps _IS_ a workable format,
> because all elements involved support it.  If the core doesn't
> magically come up with your preferred format, _you_ need to
> do something about it, not the core.  The currently format
> optimization code is very simplistic, and thus is wrong a lot.

... but the elements involved have a clear preference for fixating to
320x240 by 30 fps, yet the core isn't smart enough to pick this up.  I'd
say that if the elements can't make this clear to the core and the core
goes for 16x16 at 1 fps, clearly this is not ideal given the information
present in the pipeline.

Thomas

- It's late - can we finish this some other time ?
- Oh - so you want to jump right to the kissing then.