[gst-devel] gstreamer manual split up

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Tue Jul 20 10:35:01 CEST 2004

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 18:01, Stefan Kost wrote:
> The proposed reading order is: core, pwd, adm , as an app-developer will use the
> core and plugins and a plugin developer will use the core.

I don't think this is a good idea. PWG explains plugin specific things
and magic in many respects. If app developers would know what's needed
to write a good plugin, they'd freak out. App development is so much
easier than plugin development. You don't want to require app developers
to understand the PWG before starting to write apps.

Again, I'm not sure this is a good idea. Why do you think it is?

Ronald