[gst-devel] stride

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Jul 23 10:27:06 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 09:41:24AM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying.  So for YUV, if it is planar, each of the planes
> has a stride with multiple of four for each line ? And when it's packed,
> every "line" of YUV data also has a rowstride rounded up to the next
> foursome ?

Yes, and yes.  Also, downsampled U and V planes are divided by 2 or 4
and rounded up to an integer, and _then_ rounded up to a multiple of 4.
Heights are only divided and rounded up.

> As for elements, yes, ffmpegcolorspace doesn't do it correctly.  Neither
> did videoscale, for which I fixed and verified for 16bit RGB, fixed (but
> not yet able to verify) for 24 bit RGB.  I haven't touched YUV, since I
> wanted to know first how it ought to be handled.

depth=24 appears to work here.

> Heh, good accidents happen :) Out of curiosity - do SDL, directfb, aa,
> libcaca all handle video data the same way ? If they do, then
> everything's fine.  If they don't - what does that mean ?

Don't know.  IMO, the libraries would be broken, since many of the
YUV formats are well-defined by Microsoft, et al.

dave...