[gst-devel] Debian packages and over-inclusive changelogs

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sat Jul 24 02:51:10 CEST 2004

I'm updating my laptop right now and watching all the plugins download,
at about 89KB/each minimum.  Checking the filesizes I see that 68KB of
that is an identical copy of changelog.gz for the entire gst-plugins
package.  Seems to me that the changelog for each plugin should only
include change entries that affect files in that one plugin.  Doing so
would trim a set of 25 plugin packages by over 1.5MB total...