[gst-devel] win32 build works fine

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Jul 24 09:55:02 CEST 2004

Benjamin Otte a écrit :

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>

>>>I added it in there and modified gstinfo.h to
>>>	GSTREAMER_EXPORT GstDebugCategory *	GST_CAT_DEFAULT;
>>
>>That's strange for 2 reasons :
>>- this is a macro that defines another symbol
>>- the program wouldn't link or start if the symbol was not accessible
>>
>>I added GST_EXPORT to the GST_CAT_DEFAULT declaration. But the defined
>>elements are probably missing from the .def yet... (there are actually
>>many of them)
>>

> just FYI:
> GST_CAT_DEFAULT is a cute little macro trick inside the debugging system.
> The GST_DEBUG, GST_LOG, ... expand something like this:
> #define GST_LOG(bla, ...) GST_CAT_LOG(GST_CAT_DEFAULT, bla, ...)
> Normally, code with debugging already coded in has this line at the top of
> the file:
> #define GST_CAT_DEFAULT my_debug_category
> in that case the above macro expands to GST_CAT_LOG(my_debug_category,
> bla, ...)
> But code that does not have the #define needs to work, too (as in:
> compile and not crash). Therefore libgstreamer exports a default fallback
> debugging category named GST_CAT_DEFAULT, which is what you where talking
> about above.
> Normal
>
> Hope that clears up some remaining questions.

Yes. I finally committed the valid change to have it working on Windows
both inside and outside GSTreamer (dllimport/dllexport using
GST_EXPORT). And it works fine.

But now the buildbot complains about GST_CAT_DEFAULT when making the
documentation :
http://build.fluendo.com:8080/FC1-gst/events/255/log

gtkdoc-mktmpl --module=gstreamer | tee tmpl-build.log
WARNING: No declaration for: GST_CAT_DEFAULT
make[2]: *** [tmpl-build.stamp] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/buildbot/gstreamer/build/docs/gst'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/buildbot/gstreamer/build/docs'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
program finished with exit code 2