[gst-devel] GSTreamer on Windows

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jul 25 08:21:03 CEST 2004

Steve Lhomme a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to build and run GSTreamer on Windows yesterday. I
> refined the code this morning, especially adding a fixed location for
> the registry, the binaries and the plugins (will avoid many problems for
> now).

I forgot to say what works. Well I haven't built many filters. I just
want to try Matroska, just in case it would work ;)

* gst-launch filesrc location="src.txt" ! filesink location="dest.txt"
= works

* gst-launch filesrc location="oizo.mp3" ! matroskamux ! filesink
location="oizo.mka"
= creates a Matroska file but the type of the track is wrong

* gst-launch filesrc location="test.avi" ! matroskamux ! filesink
location="test.mkv"
= creates a Matroska file but the type of the track is wrong (only one
track in the file)

* gst-launch filesrc location="test.avi" ! avidemux ! matroskamux !
filesink location="test.mkv"
= takes 100% CPU doing nothing

So it's not very usefull right now. But the hardest part is done IMO.