projects (was: Re: [gst-devel] multifilesink and proposal to merge it with filesink)

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Sun Jul 25 10:39:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

two short comments because I already replied in detail to Zaheer.

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 15:50, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> As a consecuence I have started to put functionality that can be cleanly
> seperated into different projects. Examples include the new autoplugging
> framework, chunklib, libgstui or madgst. There are a lot of other parts I
> see that can be cleanly put into their own projects; libgstplay and
> dparams are the easiest examples, they have different maintainers,
> different development cycles and so on.
[..]

I mostly agree here. I'm not saying the setup is necessarily right, but
that could be discussed at some point in time. But main point: we
shouldn't clutter gst-plugins any more.

> Feel free to get your ideas and opinions about this out into the wild,
> too.

I'll do that later. ;).

> PS: gst-ffmpeg needs a maintainer and a release manager.

Consider me volunteering.

Ronald