[gst-devel] state change stuff

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Mon Jul 26 17:55:23 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 16:40, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> And then there's a bonus in that we find a lot of bugs inside elements that
> depended on the implicit state changing order, which is clearly wrong.

Caps negotiation being one of them? Is this what makes capsnego fails in
quite some cases right now? CVS of yesterday evening, btw, didn't
upgrade yet to today's CVS.

Or:

tools/gst-launch filesrc
location=/media/clips/StarwarsAAC5_1anamorphicXviD.mkv ! matroskademux
.audio_00 ! { queue ! faad ! audioconvert ! alsasink device=hw:0 }
matroskademux0.video_00 ! { queue ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffcolorspace !
ximagesink }
RUNNING pipeline ...

(process:13492): GStreamer-WARNING **: element ffmpegcsp0 claimed
state-change success,but state didn't change to PLAYING. State is PAUSED
(NONE_PENDING pending), fix the element
ERROR: from element /pipeline0/thread1/ffmpegcsp0: Internal GStreamer
error: state change failed.  File a bug.

?

Ronald