[gst-devel] state changes and plugins

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jul 28 11:14:09 CEST 2004

Hi gang,

given that there were some changes in the core wrt. state change that
seem to help shake out bugs in the plugins, we might have an issue.

Some people have reported they get these warnings, and some stuff
doesn't work anymore.  It's hard to pinpoint what before the planned
plugins release.

We could just go ahead and release regardless.  If we do so however,
we'd still have to wait with a new core release until we fix all issues
in the plugins.  Otherwise we'd end up releasing a new core that breaks
the plugins we're about to release.

So that doesn't make much sense to me :) Which leads me to believe it's
better to fix these issues brought out in plugins right away.  What do
you think ?

Thomas

Gotta keep moving on
lover you hide from me every time