[gst-devel] state changes and plugins

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Jul 29 11:09:06 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 20:32, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 20:13, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > given that there were some changes in the core wrt. state change that
> > seem to help shake out bugs in the plugins, we might have an issue.
>
> Revert the way bins change state. It's not correct and incompatible with
> previous releases. I understand it's easier, but some things just aren't
> easy. Sorry Benjamin.

Ok, I asked Benjamin.  I'll remove the patches tomorrow, then we can try
splitting them up in smaller chunks and verify that each of them works
correctly and doesn't break stuff, if possible.

We should also write some testsuite apps for what the patch tries to
fix, and some testsuite apps for what that patch broke, so we handle it
correctly.

Thomas

I'm gonna turn on you before you turn on me