[gst-devel] TCP plugins?

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Jun 1 10:11:02 CEST 2004

> Thomas,
>    I just skimmed over your changes in the tcp plugins
> dir. but could'nt really understand your approach: You
> did'nt touch the elements already there and created
> new elements in parallel. Can you please explain for
> me and any other dump-head like me :)

Of course :) The reasons are simple.

a) I couldn't figure out everything about the old elements (I was
especially confused why the tcpsrc element seems to support multiple
connections - what is it supposed to do if more than one client feeds it
data), and we're sort of bound by being in a stable release so we can't
just remove the elements (I thought for example you were still using
them), so I left them in.
b) Since I have created two sources and two sinks, based on whether
they're client or server, I don't think the old names were good for me
anyway.  So I used different names.  The names also make it more clear
which is server and which client, which clears up some of the confusion
that was present in the old elements.

Thomas

on my grave
am I ok