[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.8.2 released
Thomas Vander Stichele
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jun 4 07:35:03 CEST 2004
GStreamer 0.8.2 was just released.
The plugins will be released next week.
Release notes attached.
Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
<-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
I could change your life
If you give me that chance
to be your man
<-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/
-------------- next part --------------
GStreamer: Release notes for GStreamer?0.8.2 "Gigantic"
The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new release
in the 0.8.x stable series of the GStreamer streaming-media framework.
The 0.8.x series is a stable series aimed at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.6.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.6.x series.
This module only contains core functionality. For actual media playback,
you will need other modules. GStreamer Plugins contains a huge set of
additional plugins. GStreamer FFmpeg contains a plugin based on the popular
FFmpeg decoding library. These modules need not have the same source version
as the core, as long as they are in the 0.8.x series.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.6.x series
* New translations in this release: Turkish, Ukrainian, GB English
* Translations: af, az, en_GB, fr, nl, sr, sv, tr, uk
* Fixes for setting elements to NULL to release devices
* Windows port
* New GStreamer Data Protocol helper library
* New GstAdapter, similar to bytestream
* Fixes for registry loading plugins with same name
* Added no-more-pads signal
* Added Fixed List GValue type
* Fixes to schedulers
Bugs fixed in this release
* 133897 : Internal GStreamer error: seek problem
* 134839 : buffers leaked by filesrc, typefind, spider or fakesink
* 137710 : When seeking, the sink's time is reset
* 138012 : [opt] simple pipeline crashe
* 138836 : docs build but won't install
* 140015 : GstValue GTypes should not derive from G_TYPE_BOXED
* 140156 : ARM port / type reading patches
* 140477 : [debug] crash with *:2 while playing alien.mpg
* 140594 : Small memory leak int gst_parse_launch()
* 140734 : filesrc should handle named pipes/devices
* 140743 : Leak in _gst_parse_escape()
* 141083 : gstreamer-0.8.1 compile failure with gcc-3.4: error: PIC ...
* 141304 : GST_CAPS and GST_IS_CAPS broken
* 141317 : Win32 build with newest Microsoft compilers
* 141414 : filesink leaks events
* 141416 : leak in entrygthread scheduler
* 141417 : Memory leak in gthread-cothreads.h
* 142304 : The Win32 makefiles clean too much
* 142804 : needed change to allow x86 Solaris compile with Forte
* 142957 : xmlregistry failes to compile on osx
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications already ported to use GStreamer 0.8.x include the GNOME
desktop components like gnome-media and nautilus-media, as well as other
GNOME applications including sound-juicer, totem and RhythmBox.
Contributors to this release
* Baris Cicek
* Benjamin Otte
* Christian Rose
* Daniel Gazard
* David Schleef
* Gareth Owen
* Jan Schmidt
* Johan Dahlin
* Maxim V. Dziumanenko
* Ronald Bultje
* Sebastien Cote
* Stephane Loeuillet
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Wim Taymans
More information about the gstreamer-devel