[gst-devel] RE: Win 32 build of 0.8.3

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Jun 8 16:53:15 CEST 2004

Steve Lhomme a écrit :

>> I succeeded in downloading and building the solution under
>> gstreamer/Win32.
>> However, when I tried running
>>     gst-inspect fakesrc
>> I got the following error
>>     (process:2140): GLib-CRITICAL **: file gutils.c: line 501: assertion
>> `file_name
>>     != NULL' failed
>>
>> Any idea?
>> Do I need to do some kind of installation first?
>

> Nop, actually the only thing I did now was trying to compile it. And
> this is not finished ! I need to compile the testsuite (to test...) and
> the plugins (those that are Windows friendly at least).
>
> I just tried your command-line and it seems to come from a call to
> poptGetContext() in gst.c:358... So I assume the libpopt I found gives
> problems under Win32. I'll investigate more (ie try to find another one
> or compile it myself)... Yes, something as simple as popt relies heavily
> on OS assumptions :(

I haven't been able to build libpopt with a Windows compiler (ie not
something half ported) nor did I found other existing builds... I'll
have Jory Stone who worked on the GStreamer port too at the time of 0.6
and was able to execute some command-lines. Until GStreamer is simply
unusable under Win32... (of course it /may/ work with cygwin of VMWare)