[gst-devel] volume plugin usage...

Jan Schmidt thaytan at mad.scientist.com
Mon Jun 14 05:33:17 CEST 2004

<quote who="Christophe Fergeau">
> You could have a look at how acme or gnome-volume-control (from gnome-
> media) handle volume using GStreamer.

Yes, depending on which sort of volume control you mean. The volume element
scales an audio stream as it passes through to effect volume control. acme
and gnome-volume-control use the alsa/oss elements to modify the hardware
mixer settings of your sound card.

J.

Jan Schmidt                                  thaytan at mad.scientist.com

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills
and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Unknown