[gst-devel] new tta audio decoder plugin

Arwed von Merkatz a.v.merkatz at t-online.de
Thu Jun 17 23:55:09 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 08:20:25PM +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 14:24, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> > I've written a plugin to parse and decode TTA[1] audio files.
> [..]
>
> How about licensing? Is this true LGPL or does it use GPL or otherwise
> LGPL-incompatible code? Is the format encumbered? (Not that I care, but
> others do.)

The plugin is based on the LGPL decoder library (doesn't use the lib
because that one can only decode directly from files), so it's LGPL. As
far as i know the format itself isn't encumbered.

> If all's OK, I'll apply.

I can make a patch that includes it in gst-plugins if you want.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz                              Source Mage GNU/Linux developer
                                                    http://www.sourcemage.org